BWRC Hosted Events Seminar Series Award/Grant Announcements Award/Grant Deadlines
Conference Abstract Deadlines Conferences
- 3131.January.SundayNo events
These awards are intended to celebrate teaching excellence and to increase trans-disciplinary exposure to exemplars in teaching and the diverse ways in which the student learning experience is enhanced by educators and educational supports at Queen’s. This happens at the course level, through focusing on teaching of strategic university goals as well as through individual and group efforts outside of specific courses, at the program or university-level.
• To increase recognition of teaching excellence in strategic areas of teaching and learning at Queen’s
• To extend recognition of teaching and learning excellence beyond individual courses to groups of courses and to those who support Queen’s educators, students and our teaching and learning culture
• To collaborate across Queen’s strategic directions and educational services and supports
Established in 2003 through gifts from the Toronto Dominion Bank and Chancellor Emeritus Charles Baillie, the Chancellor A. Charles Baillie Teaching Award recognizes undergraduate or graduate or professional teaching that has had an outstanding influence on the quality of student learning at Queen’s University. It is awarded annually for activities that lead to improved learning, including curriculum development, educational leadership, design and delivery of out-of-classroom educational experiences, or classroom teaching and supervision.
Recipients of this award are selected by a panel of their peers. The Selection Committee comprises past award winners, subject experts, and educational developers. The Centre for Teaching and Learning is responsible for the administration of the Award and the selection of the adjudication panel. The Selection Committee is charged with responding to the question: Who among our colleagues deserves recognition this year for his or her exceptional efforts to promote student learning?
- 0202.February.TuesdayNo events
- 0303.February.WednesdayNo events
- 0404.February.ThursdayNo events
- 0505.February.FridayNo events
- 0606.February.SaturdayNo events