Answers to some frequently asked questions.
We suggest you talk to your supervisor. WatIF is great conduit to the academic water community, and the following points are all good reasons your supervisor should be proud to send you to WatIF:
- WatIF is the premier conference for early water researchers with over 300 graduate students attending, and by sending you to WatIF, your supervisor will have representation of his/her lab, research group, department and institution;
- WatIF is an excellent opportunity to develop as a leader. Providing opportunities for students to grow is central to WatIF's mission and vision. Students can step up as leaders by becoming a University Representative, running a workshop or chairing a concurrent session. Also, if you're not comfortable playing a leadership role during WatIF, you will gain a plethora of leadership skills throughout the conference that you can bring back to your university;
- You will have the opportunity to improve your communication skills during concurrent sessions, the rapid thesis challenge, the poster hour and networking opportunities. WatIF is a safe environment where students will develop as strong academic communicators and receive feedback from experts and their peers. These skills are all essential while progressing in an academic career;
- WatIF a great addition to your CV for scholarship applications and furthering your career;
- Also, the networking opportunities for young researchers is unparalleled. The top early water researchers from across the world will all be in attendance and you will have a chance to build professional relationships with your future colleagues.
Also, WatIF is preparing to launch a local sponsorship campaign designed for students to raise funds in their local area. Please contact us if you are interested (firstname.lastname@example.org).